- Coggins: AHJA requires a 12 month negative Coggins upon arrival at the show grounds, originals only accepted.
- Allclasseswillbeconductedandjudgedinaccordancewiththecurrentrulesandregulationsofthe Association. All rules will stand for the year.
- There is an annual membership fee. The fee shall be $20 for an individual membership or $25 for a family membership. Year-end award points accumulate from the date the annual membership fee is paid. Membership is not required for Show Level Championships.
- Riders must have participated in at least three shows or 2 shows and 1 clinic to be eligible for year-end awards
- Volunteer requirement. Each member must contribute four volunteer hours to be eligible for year-end awards. Hours may be completed by member or member’s family.
- All riders must wear an ASTM/SEI approved helmet while mounted on the show grounds, inside and outside the show ring.
- Any rider may choose to wear an equestrian body protector vest in any class without penalty from the judge.
- All exhibitors’ and spectators' dogs MUST be on a leash or otherwise confined, and must be well behaved at all times or they will be asked to leave the show grounds. We encourage them to be left at home.
- Children are to be supervised at all times. Please do not allow children to run on the bleachers, run among horses around the arena and at trailers, or hang on arena fence.
- No persons will be allowed in the show ring during the time of judging, except those who have duties to perform.
12. All horses and ponies must be serviceably sound. Any lameness, or impairment, which interferes with the performance of the animal, will be considered unsoundness and the horse/pony will be excused from the class. The final determination of soundness is at the discretion of the judge.
13. Any horse/pony that is uncontrollable or considered dangerous may be asked to leave the ring.
14.Each rider must register with the show secretary and be assigned a number before schooling or the start of their divisions. One number will be assigned for each horse which must be shared by all riders of that horse at a given show. Please remit payment or an open check at that time. Credit Cards will be accepted at a fee of $3.25 per transaction. A credit card with valid expiration date must be presented to receive show number.
15. Entries are made and received by show management as to eligibility on the Honor System. Entries may be evaluated by show management as to class eligibility and will notify entries of ineligibility at that show before competition for that class begins. If horse/rider proves to be ineligible for the class/division ridden, points received will not count towards year-end awards.
16. Each horse/rider combo may only cross enter into divisions with fence heights of a three (3) inch difference. This includes the under saddle classes. X-rail riders may only cross enter into the 18” division. Jumper riders may cross enter into any jumper class at any height.
17. Should there be less than three riders in a division, management reserves the right to combine divisions with the division immediately above or below in height. Points will count towards year end awards in the division entered, regardless of whether divisions are combined.
18. Class Fees: $10 per class- members, $14 per class-non members. CLOSING DATE: Post entries received after the Wednesday preceding the Saturday show date will be charged $25 per entry. Each entry pays $5 Office/EIA Verifier and $10 Facility Fee. A Returned Check Fee of $35 will be charged on an items returned as insufficient.
19. When schooling, horses that are jumping have the right of way. When traveling in opposite directions, stay to the right, as if driving a car. Please be sure to call all fences. No lunging of horses in the arena. See expanded Schooling Rules.
20. Attire- Appropriate show ring attire is encouraged, but not required. Heeled shoes, sleeved shirts or polo shirts, jodhpurs, or breeches, and approved helmets are required. No T-shirts, jeans, or tank tops.
21.Tack should be appropriate to the discipline. Schooling pads may be used. No protective horse boots, flash or figure eight nosebands in any hunter division. Boots are allowed in Equitation classes. No martingales in flat classes. No training devices in any class.
22. After 3 refusals in an over fences class please excuse yourself from the ring.
23. There will be a 1-minute gate limit to wait for entrants in any class, unless the announcer is notified of a tack change well in advance, where a maximum of 5 minutes will be allowed. Please leave yourself plenty of time to prepare for classes.
24. Stallions will not be permitted at any AHJA show.
25. Riders, trainers, handlers and/or owners committing an abusive act (like excessive use of whip) to animals, or acting in any unsportsmanlike manner will be asked to leave the grounds by show management.
26. AHJA reserves the right to refuse show entry and/or cancel membership due to the inhumane treatment of animals, un-sportsmanlike behavior, indebtedness to AHJA, and/or disorderly conduct.